I survived Tuesday at the hospital but I didn't like it. The dye test went well but the results mean more surgery (the vein is big enought but it's too deep so he needs to operate and bring it higher) and the stupid person in the discharge area wouldn't let me go home for almost 3 hours. Dr. Alankar said I could go home but they were waiting to get the results a blood test that was ordered by a dr. I don't even see to make sure the potassium was going down. When they finally got the dr. she said just fax the tests to Dr. McLeisch and he'd look at them Wednesday. That's what I told them was said before the procedure but they didn't believe me. I wasn't very nice. I don't like being treated as if I don't know what I'm talking about. If she had taken out the iv, I would have just left. Wednesday when I went to Dr. McLeisch's the wonderful lady who draws my blood almost had a fit about the shape they left my veins in. She couldn't understand how they turned out so damaged and bruised. My right arm was as bruised at the left where they did the procedure. It took until today before I really got over my bad attitude. It was an inservice day but I was supposed to work. I took a personal day to get right with myself. I started by going to Mass and then straightened the computer room, living room, kitchen table and threw out garbage. I ate lunch out and then washed my car. It's wonderful washing a new car. It really started loosing the angry edge I've been feeling. Then to my favorite place to walk alone--the zoo. The weather was perfect . Half way through the zoo, I sat under an ancient oak tree and wrote the rest of the way to a sense of joy again. My dear husband brought fish home from St. Rita's fish fry and I finished reading a book. I plan on having only pleasant dreams tonight. It's been a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment