I picked up two essentials for our Hawaii trip today: books and another memory card.
I also got my social security replacement card after about 18 years. I lost it in a parking lot in 1989. Luckily nobody had any idea about how to commit identity thief back then. Finally, I went down to the social security office this Monday and after a really short wait they told me I'd get it in two weeks. I got it today so it was a short two weeks too. The social security office was in the old post office at 7th & Broadway. When I was a little girl, I'd ride the bus up there with my dad almost every week. It's still a magnificent building with lots of brass service windows and old post office boxes along the huge hall with marble tables down middle. Dad used to set me on one of the tables while he addressed and stamped his envelopes. It was nice to have a good memory. They even had the wanted posters in the same place and the same two huge torch-like things on either side of entrance hall. I had to parallel park which I haven't done in years and feed the new parking meters which are now really hi tech and more expensive. It only took me 15 minutes from parking to getting back in the car. I was tempted to just stay parked to get my money's worth but I decided I had better things to do.
I love the weather lately except for the storm. It wouldn't have been so bad if Missy hadn't decided I could make it stop and kept barking at me. Yesterday she was weird, too. I attached her lease to the chair outside so I wouldn't have hold it while I was outside. (We have no fence) As soon as I started to read she went to the door and started scratching to go back in. When in, she wanted to sit looking out.
Christy stopped the boys scout pictures by Tuesday. She didn't get to stay long because we both had to be someplace else.
No comments:
Post a Comment