baby wyatt

baby wyatt

Saturday, May 27, 2006

sorry for the typos... I'm too lazy to go back and change them

Next weekend is going to be crazy. For Jeremy, really crazy. Saturday morning, we're volunteering at the Diabetes Walk in the morning, then Jeremy is heading to the Dave concert in Indy and then he's coming back into town late that night only for us to go out of town again on Sunday. Crazy business. The good news is that on Friday he is working :gasp: a manager's shift for the first time ever, and he won't have to take any functions. Which means... 9 to 5. I don't even know what he is going to do with himself.

Farmer's market this morning before Jermey went into work. WE got cantaloupe, a yellow tomato and a red one. we had tomato sandwiches for lunch. they were good. We also stopped and got the last potter movie and the new Dixie Chicks CD.

I killed this huge cockroach/ stink bug looking thing last night. It was on the sliding patio door and it was one of those him or me kind of deals. I won.

I made no bake cookies with oatmeal and chocolate and peanut butter. They're a tad gooie, but I like them. Finger licking good.

we'll make cornbread and cucumber salad for the cookout on Monday. Mommy, if you get veggie burgers, could you get the kind that are like garden veggie or black bean or somethign. I don't like the veggie burgers that are suppose to taste like meat.

So, I don't want to get a PhD anymore. I was thinking about it, doing a dual degree. But yesterday snipped that idea in the but, after a 30 minute meeting turned into a 5 hour meeting and my legs went numb and I thought about crawling under the table to get out of there but ending up sitting there trying not to let the other 9 people at the round table see me yawn every five secs. The research I'm doing now would have potentially been the research I would want to work in. It is totally like organic lab and I really liked organic lab. No animals, no sterile procedures... just happily making salts. But, the kinetic stuff... I can't handle. Not because I can't learn it or understand it, but because it drives me crazy. Like who gives a flying flip about the rate limiting step of a solid degradation when you put it in hydrogen peroxide. Wooowhooo... I know! NOT ME! and two population systems and if k2 is infitite or not and blah blah blah. so, pharmD for me.... all the way. I was only going to consider the dual degree if I could get out in another 3 years, but I don't think that's possible. They would make me stay for another 4 years. And I want babies and I want to not be poor and having a doctorate and still only making 20 grand for the next four years after that just wouldn't cut it.

Oh well, it was worth I shot.

I finally figured out what was bugging me about the graduate student that I'm working with. He's very anti-American culture. Or as he says it "I don't like to waste my time on things that aren't intellectually." which is fine, whatever floats your boat. But he constantly insults me by speaking about the general population badly. Case in point... he asked me yesterday if I watched American Idol and when I said I did he gave em a lecture on how I was one of those people who follow what pop culture dishes out blindly and blah blah blah. I tried to argue my point that if that were the cause for American Idol, then Kat would have won and Clay or Rubin would have never made it that far and I watched the show because I enjoyed watching people sing that could do it well. It feel on death ears. By the end of the conversation, I literally felt like I was a 14 year girl who listens to Britney Spears who uses that omg, rolradfkadf, u r sooooooooooooooooooooo language and who was planning on getting a job at a tan bed place to save up money to get a boob job.

I should have informed him that turning his computer screen so no one can see and playing hours of a car racing game isn't so much "intellectual" and he maybe should turn in his old navy jeans, possibly go back to India too while he's at it if he's not enjoying the old states that much. I can't stand hypocrites, especially when he finds the need to lecture me on things. ANother example, a chinese girl came down to ask him something and she sort of said it in a weird tone. She leaves, and the guy's like, wow, she's a bitch. And I said something like "yeah, she asked me for something earlier like that and it was sort of awkward." Of course, he gives me a lecture about the different cultures and blah blah blah how when someone comes from a different country you can't read their mannerisms the same way because of culture differences. Here I am sitting there thinking... wait a minute... you just called her a bitch. And I just said it was sort of awkward. And I don't buy it about the culture differences. interactions can still have connonations to them, negative or positive, regardless of lack of language. He even told me not to judge this one lady for being rude to me about some gloves. She basically told me they were her's even though she hadn't even been in the lab for the past week and she needed them more than me and I would have to use the latex gloves even though I'm allergic to latex. anyway, I shouldn't judge her because she's from the south... the south meaning southern Kentucky. Because apparently, I don't understand their culture.

1 comment:

Virginia's Mom said...

Okay, veggie burgers that taste like veggies, probably bean if I can find them. Your grad student is probably a closet Idol fan who watches Lost but is afraid to admit things can be fun if they aren't serious. Also I'm sure being around a beautiful, smart, blonde young woman who has a better work ethic is a little intimidating. Therefore to make himself feel bigger, he want to make someone else feel smaller. Just laugh at him. He deserves it.