baby wyatt

baby wyatt

Monday, May 15, 2006

Fields and Friends

Mother's Day I heard from all my girls and Greg. It rained off and on. I had been looking forward to going to the Bats ballgame for a long time and it was dripping rain. John left it up to me and I said let's go. It might stop. It rained most of the way, but when we were almost to the parking lot it STOPPED. Of course, I still wore my rain jacket. One because I didn't want to take a chance on getting wet later and two because it's warm and it was chilly. We got there in time to get free camouflage Bats baseball caps. I even got a white carnation. They started out pretty good and then they seem to have forgotten how to play. They were still tied at the beginning of the seven when it started to rain again. It had already been a long game so I didn't even think about staying for the rain delay. Thanks to the rain jacket I stayed pretty dry. Before we were out of downtown, they started to play again. The announcer said it was really odd. The sun was up over part of the field and it was raining over part of the field and there was a beautiful rainbow. It was neat to hear, but I was glad we were on our way home. We had already been watching baseball over two and a half hours. It was dry once we got past UPS and then when we got to Outer Loop it was soaked. As soon as we turned onto Bost, it was dry again all the way home. I enjoyed the game and I appreciate John giving up going to Meier for his bananas to take me. Fields and Friends

No comments: