well, the baby birds didn't have a very good night. Two of them are dead, one of them is MIA and the other has taken up resident in the tomato plants. Jeremy got up at 6:30 this morning to let the dogs out and I literally thought a freakign war broke out in the backyard. Those birds are crazy. There was a freaking army of them. Literally. An army. I don't know where they recruited their friends, but they were screaming and raising hell and nose diving.
I just went back down and got the two dead baby birds and checked the nest and found it was empty. The mama bird was the only one left around and she was busy getting worms for the baby in the garden, so I guess she's just keepign it now. I was thinking abotu putting it back into the nest, but then decided against it.
1 comment:
Good decision about not putting the bird back. Baby birds have very fragile bones and you could break one without meaning to.
Post a Comment