baby wyatt

baby wyatt

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Woo Hoo!

Say hello to the worst singer and winner of $50 in the Wednesday night karaoke contest at Wet Willy's in Louisville :)

OK, to clarify, there's no way in hell I was the worst singer in the competition. I actually thought I did pretty good (I sang Free Falling and Tiny Dancer), considering it was my first time doing karaoke and after not having sang in public since I was like 9 years old. The group I was with was shocked when I told them I won worst singer (the guy gave me the money discretely) and they said I was at least in the top half. There were a lot of people just going up there and screwing around who sounded awful, so maybe they only considered the 10 or so people who they thought were actually trying to sing well (which would be fine with me because there were certainly some good singers there).

In any case, I don't really care how they decided it, I just got paid $50 to go out and have a good time :)

4 comments:

Virginia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Virginia said...

if I remember correctly, there was a Transy benefit concert that you gave....

WE love to hear you sing Chris.. they're just poopyheads.

Chris said...

Oh yeah, there was that, I forgot :)

Anyway, thanks Virginia. Like I said, I could give a shit less how they made that determination. I know I did alright and I walked away $50 richer :)

Virginia's Mom said...

I'm sure they meant the worst of the good singers. They probably liked you better than most but since you weren't the best they had to give you the worst to give you money. Standing up in public is very brave. Congrats.