I did it...
I keyboarded my poem and revised it 5 times. Then I printed it and mailed it to America's Foley Poetry Contest before the deadline. I even took time to count the lines when I went to put it in the envelop and revised it again so it would fit the contest guidelines of just 30 lines. I think it's good but I feel so intensely about what I wrote I may not be objective. It's feels overwhelming to express such strong feelings of faith. I'm not sure if I feel happy or sad or a little embarrassed or even a little proud. I do know I finally felt the need to do it all. I've thought of entering contests before but never completely finished the whole process. This time I did and no matter how hard it was to read and change and revise, I stayed with it to the end. I won't know until June if it won or got a runner's up award.
No comments:
Post a Comment