baby wyatt

baby wyatt

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A short update before I head to bed.

These past few days have been weird. Blocks are this weekend and I've been spending alot of time studying and not much else. I usually procastinate a ton, but I haven't done that at all but I still feel like i have so much more to do before blocks.

I've also been questioning my whole career move too. I love pharmacy and the idea of helping people and all that jazz. I hate the fact that I don't feel like I'm living up to my potential and that there are so many STUPID people in the pharmacy program. I hate that people are so in the dark about pharmacists and respecting them as real medical professionals. And why should they? I mean, people are going thru school right now doign the bare minimum to get a C so that they can put a Dr. in front of their name and a nice paycheck in their pocket and they don't care a rat's ass about medicine and people. It just pulls me down. It pulls me down that insurance companies won't pay for couseling. It pulls me down that people think becoming a pharmacist is as simple as going to a 2 year technical school.

I don't want to be a doctor otherwise I guess I would be in medical school. I just want people to know that I'm good enough to have done it. Jeremy says that I shouldn't care but I do. I've always been someone that needs constant pats on the back and I love you's and all that jazz.

I don't know. I guess I shouldn't care.

In other news, here's some reasons why I have smiled so far this week:
Turtle has been watching TV and it is DAMN cute.
Jeremy farted on me when I was hugging him the other night but I got back at him last night.
"But why is there a baby in your butt?"
Cool down crunches.
Level 8.
I could kill you with my nails right now if I wanted to.
Baby samples of wedding cake.
American Idol.
Pens that I got from Rebecca for Christmas

3 comments:

Chris said...

You'd make one hell of a doctor, if you wanted to be one :) You're a very hard worker and I've never seen you tackle something and fail at it. You chose to be a pharmacist not because it was an easy way out, but because it afforded you other opportunities like the ability to move around if needed and the ability to work in lots of different settings. So you better stop talking about my friend like that, or I'll chuck you in the head with a nickel (among other things). ;)

Chris said...

Oh, and in no way am I insinuating that pharmacy school is an easy way out, because it's not. It's on an equal playing field as med school as far as I've ever been concerned.

Virginia's Mom said...

Now you know why I like Chris. He agrees with me that Virginia is wonderfully smart. Virginia, you will be like the pharmacist who saved me when the dr. prescribed something that would have been toxic taken with my other medicines. You will be doing important work and it will be a constant learning experience and nobody can do it better than you.