baby wyatt

baby wyatt

Monday, June 14, 2010

Virginia feels like banging her head against the wall when she takes sick leave to go to a doctor's appt and then spends an hour sitting in the waiting room. And why it the heck to I have to go every 2 weeks when I reach 30 weeks? so they can check my weight, BP, measure my tummy and ask if the baby keeps kicking? couldn't we just discuss that over the phone? I have this sickening feeling that for every hour I earn with comp time, it'll be chewed up by freaking 5 minute appointments that take 3 hours out of my work day.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

you are the customer. you can cancel appointments or schedule them further apart. There is no need for as many appointments unless the mom just wants them. Studies show that more frequent appointments have no baring on actually birth experience or health of baby. If something is going to happen to you or the baby, it is going to happen regardless of if you went to the doctor yesterday or are going tomorrow. I wish someone had told me that while I was pregnant that I was in control and not the doctor. You aren't required to do anything and the doctor doesn't 'allow' you to do things. This is your pregnancy, your birth, your body and your baby. I love you!

Katherine said...

Or you could be like my sister in law and not even go to the doctor ... she's about 26 weeks pregnant and has not gone at all. Your baby will be born regardless of what you do during your pregnancy. :o)

I am going to see a midwife next time, who I will see with the same "schedule" as OBs, but no ultrasounds or glucose tests or anything of that silliness. :o)