So, in May of 2005, this girl that worked at GeriCare asked to borrow my Spanish book so she could use it to study for her test. I said sure since I had gotten done with my class at the end of April. In June, I asked for it back. She told me that she was taking Spanish 2 and wanted to know if she could use it for next year. I said ok.
Well, I sort of forgot about it until last April when Jeremy and I were talking about him needing to learn some Spanish for work and I thought "hey, I should get that book back." Well, the girl had gotten fired from Gericare because she never came in when she was scheduled. So I send her this little message on facebook in April:
hey Lindsey! I hope your semester went well. I was wondering if you are done with Spanish and could I maybe get my book back. Jeremy is wanted to learn some espanol for work reasons. Talk to you soon!
and she replies:
Hey ya. Just let me know your address and I can mail it to you :) How's pharm school? I miss you :)
and my reply:
pharmacy school is great... especially now that I'm done with finals. Are you not in Lexington anymore? I thought maybe we could meet for lunch or something. I wouldn't want you to have to pay to meal it. Did you get in anywhere for school? I'm super tried and just realized I typed meal instead of mail. I still haven't caught up with sleep from finals week. So, on that note, I will say goodnight and hit the sack. Hope to hear from you soon!
-Virginia
erased for crazy people reasons
Time passes. Then I get a note from her on June 19th, 2006
hey...I am going to mail out your book this week...I promise. BTW..what the hell is going on with Geri Care?
She was wanted to know what happened with GeriCare being sold out and everything.
And time passes.
School starts and randomly she's in my elective class for Biology of Aging, an undergraduate class. She walks into the classroom, sees me and immediately goes into this "OMG, I'm so sorry I haven't mailed your book!!" this was Aug 23rd.
Doesn't bring it to class on the 25th.
Doesn't show up for class on the 28th or 30th.
I send her a message asking if she is ok on Aug 30. She writes back:
yeahhhhhh. Andrew and I were moving on Monday and he fell off the ramp and cracked his knee cap. The dolly holding the TV fell on top of him. I've had to move the entire apt by myself and take care of him. I'll be back Friday.
So she finally comes on Friday (Sept 1st). Still doesn't bring my book and asks to borrow my notes for the days she missed.
Doesn't come to class Monday and Wednesday... I'm getting irritated cuz she has 8 pages of my notes. Get a note from her on Sept 6th:
Sorry about today. @ 3am Andrew woke up screaming. I mean his knee oh god it was so swollen you could not tell it was a knee. Took him to the ER and he had to have x rays, etc etc. Before, they thought he had cracked it. Nope, its shattered into two pieces. So much for the great Uk hospital. I just got home. Anyway, I will see you Friday and I will bring your notes to ya. Sorry I've had to miss already. Sigh. Also, still trying to find a lawyer. Know anyone?
Interestingly, she wrote that at 11, but they had just installed that new stalker feature on facebook and she had been on there since 8 in the morning messing around
She comes on Friday and gives me my notes. I make a mental note to never let her borrow anything again. Doesn't bring my book though.
Then I don't see or hear from her until I get this note from her on Sept 15th.
Mr. Lund knows what is going on but I wanted to let you know so you do not think I am a slacker. He doesn't know the whole story, just the bulk of it. Here it is:
I don't know if i have told you that my stomach hurts all day, everyday. I have to run to the bathroom and thus, I can only eat at home or near home. We have to go to the movies first because I cannot eat and go sit in a movie. I cannot do it. I'd say on a scale from 1-10, the daily pain is about a 6 or 7.
So anyway, back in Decemember I had a colonoscopy and an endoscope. The doctor said nothing was wrong and that we would try drug therapy. Problem is...he is in Louisville and it is not only hard for me to get there, but it is hard to get an appointment with him once a month. In fact it was impossible. Well, when I went in July to my followup appointment, he was like oh by the way did I tell you that to the naked eye your colon looked fine but on your biopsy the left colon came back and it was completely inflammed. Um...well NO YOU DIDN'T - you basically told me I was making the pain up! Dumbass. That would PROBABLY explain why I have had stretch marks on the left side of my body...came up out of nowwhere...and not a single stretch mark on the right side of my body. Hmmmm...
So anyway, I have not been back to him...in fact I have been looking for a new doctor in Lexington so that we can start back at square one. Well...Wed. night around 3am I woke up and the pain was so intense, I thought I was going to die. I am not kidding. My internal organs ached and felt swollen. I felt like if I moved they were going to burst! Andrew had to come over and try to help me out of bed. I couldn't do it. I moved and I felt like my whole body was going to rupture. He was like oh my GOD Lindsey look at your stomach. It was so swollen, I looked as if I was about to give birth. I am not kidding, I looked every bit of 9 months pregnant. He was like I am taking you to the hospital now! I started crying because I could not get up...much less get up and get into a car. He was like I am calling 911 and you are going to the hospital. I begged him not to. The pain was so bad, I did not want to be moved or touched. I told him it would pass and we just sat there on the bed talking the rest of the night about it.
So first thing Thursday morning, I could move but I could not fully stand up straight. It put too much pressure on my stomach. So I walked around like the Hunchback of Notre Dame and decided that a doctor was better than nothing and that there was no way I was going to get into a specialist and I did not want or have the money to pay $50 for a ER visit, so I went to the UTC. I got there and explained the situation to the doctor and he was very understanding. He told me to lie down and said he felt something hard on my left ovary. He seemed very concerned. I asked him what it could be and he said a number of things ranging from endometriosis to a tumor. He also asked if I had been out of the country. I told him I went to a resort in the Domincan Republic about 6-7 years ago. He said there is a parasite there that causes things like this and it takes about 6 years to show up. Good God.
So...he took so much blood I passed out. He said we are going to do every single test under the sun. I have an ultrasound on my belly scheduled for 2:45 today. I also am going to have a pelvic exam next week. OH and I also have to give a stool sample..lovely. I am going to have to do that today or tomorrow since they were kind enough to let me take it home.
God, what is this? Why didn't the other doctor look for things like this? Can they fix me?
I am so scared...so please pray that it is found and it is curable!
So... I don't really even know the chick that well and this was way too much information for. Anyway, I don't see her until the 25th, the class meeting before our test on the 27th. still didn't bring the book. Alas, the test date comes around and she doesn't show up! I start to figure that she's bailing on the class so I send her this the 27th:
are you ok? I didn't see you at the test.
The next time you come to class, could you bring that spanish book?
She replies back:
Ohhhhh boy. Well, I dropped the class. Tuesday I went and met with him and he is just a complete asshole. I was confused on a few things and he basically told me that if I didn't understand, I was screwed. He offered no explaination of it. He is just the worst teacher of all time so...I dropped the class. I have the Spanish book in my office somewhere ( I just moved a few weeks ago). I will find it in the next few days and bring it to you there. BTW how was the test?
Can I just say that this girl is an idiot? because earlier in her little facebook notes she wrote "OH MY GOD I AM GOING TO FAIL MY BIOLOGY OF AGING TEST. I MEANT TO GET UP AT 5AM AND START STUDYING AGAIN AND I OVERSLEPT. IT IS IN 2 HOURS. FUCK!"
Anyways... I think a few days means a few days..... and guess what? She doesn't bring the book by... so I finally got hostile and wrote on Oct 9th:
I would really like my book back. I asked for it in April and you did not mail it like you said you would and you had several chances to give it back to me during class and you didn't. I know that you are busy and stressed out and whatnot but you've had my Spanish book for almost two years and I'm getting tired of asking for it back. If you are embarassed about seeing Dr. Lund or something, I always sitting outside the classroom 30 minutes before class starts at 11.
she writes back:
Jesus Christ. It has nothing to do with Dr. Lund. I forgot to mail it. I just moved and have not had time to go through my boxes and find it. My grandmother just died and my cousin's husband killled him self. I have been a tad stressed out and I am sorry but with everything else going on it has not been number one on my to do list. You will not have to ask for it back again. I will try to find it this weekend. I did not realize it was bothering you that much...but I guess it is.
and my reply:
I am bothered by it. Crap happens all the... people get sick, they die, tests come and go. But that still doesn't justify saying you'll do something and not doing it. If that were the case, everyone who had a sucky day would never be held accountable for what they did or didn't do.
Regardless, whenever things settle down for you, I would like my book back.
and I get a "fine. Thanks for your compassion" a few minutes ago.
WHAT IN THE WORLD!!????! I want to be like "you stupid idiot... shit happens, get over it!!!! my sister-in-law was murdered and my grandmother died too and I didn't f*ing make the whole world stop for me. If you're so sick you can't even move... call an ambulance and go to the hospital!!!! just because your boyfriend is bedridden or whatnot doesn't mean you have to miss over a month's worth of classes! and because you decided to go to a bridal shower and didn't study at all for your test doesn't mean I'm going to sit there and grin and say "yeah, our teacher is an asshole isn't he for not helping you get ready for the test after you only came to THREE classes." GET OVER IT AND GIVE ME MY BOOK BACK!!!
4 comments:
Hey, I was thinking about learning some more Spanish to help me with a couple preceptorships coming up. Can I borrow that book when you get it back? ;)
sure... just give me $129 to hold on to so I won't be pissed off when I NEVER SEE IT AGAIN!!!!
Her symptoms sound made up to me. Having become somewhat an expert on medical tests, I don't thing the tests she mentioned would show the results she claims. Must be a chronic liar. What do you think Chris? Anyway she's not worth making yourself feel bad, Virginia. She's a self-centered baby and you are a intelligent, generous woman who at least has a story out of the deal.
well, we haven't gotten that far in parasites yet, so I don't know about any Dominican Republic worm that lays dormant for 6 years. But I CAN tell you you can't palpate the ovaries without doing a pelvic exam, which she said she had scheduled for later. So that's bull that he could feel a mass on her ovary because the intestines are in the way, especially when her stomach was so apparently swollen. Liar.
Post a Comment