baby wyatt

baby wyatt

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Sorry, I haven't been able to update. Monday we went out to dinner with Jeremy's mom and then yesterday I went out with my friend Sandra that used to work at Gericare and the 2 hour dinner and presentation that we went to turned into 4 hours cuz we sat around and talked.


Monday in Hawaii was the best day I think. We went hiking all day. First, we hiked up to Diamond Head Point. There were all those tourists that went up there that was every shape and size and age, and we were totally limited by the 80 year old woman and 300 pound man who were walking in front of us. But we got to the top and the few was awesome. I'll post pictures. the most eventful that happened was some guy got down on his knee that was standing beside me. I thought he was crazy cuz the ground was all dirty. Then I realized that he was proposing to his girlfriend. It was really sweet, although very awkward for me because I think I was actually closer in position to the guy than his girlfriend was. There were a ton of people up there and every one clapped.

In other news, a little bird told me that my sister-in-law got engaged last night.

Then we headed off to the university of Hawaii arborietium (sorry, I know that's not spelled right) and hiked up to a waterfall. Then we went to another trial and hiked up to an even bigger waterfall. I chickened out on our last hike because we didn't know where the trail went and I swear, it looked like one of those scary movies where dead people were hiding in the trees and the branches were going to come out of the ground and wrap around your ankles. So, we did three hikes instead of four and got nice and muddy and it was great. Before the last hike, we had to stop and pay for parking... go figure, pay for parking in the middle of nowhere... but the guy we paid was really nice and he gave me bug spray. He said if it was his daughter out there, he would want someone to do the same thing for her. He was very sweet. Even so, i got the crap bitten out of me. I harmed several Hawaiian beasties that day. I hope that bug population does not go extinct.

Later, we drove back, showered and headed out to dinner at Chili's right next door to the hotel because we had a coupon for a blooming onion. I got a virgin strawberry diagari (I know, not spelled right) and it was good. I also got a veggie burger and got to take most of it home cuz I couldn't finish it. After that, we went walking around town and we got another mask to hang on our wall of masks in the TV bedroom. We've gotten something everywhere that we've gone on vacation, and then collection is quite large. I have to run to school now though. I'll post pictures later!

No comments: