baby wyatt

baby wyatt

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Zippy had his follow up appointment today and although his ears were a little dirty, he was good to go. He has his good ole meow back too.

I went down to the KY clinic to get my vaccinations today. I was a little bothered that the nurse who did them didn't wear gloves, nor did she alchol the area she was giving the shots at. So, of course, I was none to happy when she said "OH NO" after giving me my hep b shot and I look over to she my arm squiting blood. I would have thought she hit an artery but I know there aren't any arteries in that part of my arm. So, because of the above mentioned thing about her not wearing gloves, she threw a wad of cotton swaps at me to stop the bleeding. And then hands me a latex bandaid. of course, I had already told her that I was allergic to latex. Apparently she didn't care because my allergies don't cause problems breathing, just a rash, pain and itching. I actually had to ask for some alcohol swaps on the way out to clean off the dried blood that was all over my arm. By the time I got out to that parking garage, my arm had a bandaid sharped rash on it. Go figure.

Jeremy and I went to the farmer's market and got a punch of goodies and then we came home and he made us tomato sandwiches.

School starts soon. ick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have demanded she had to wear gloves and told her she needed to get a non-latex bandage or you would complain to her superiors. You were at risk from any germs she picked up from the other people she stuck without having gloves on. And just because you only had mild reactions to latex before doesn't mean you won't have a bad reaction the next time. In fact, latex allergies get worse the more you are exposed. But I know you will be fine. It just makes me mad when incompetent people put people I love at any risk at all. I hope the blood squirted on her shirt and stained it.