Hey guys :) This is the first day I've been able to get on the internet on my computer. I forgot my wireless adapter at home and just got back from going to Lex to get it. We're mooching off (ie, stealing) an unencrypted wireless signal that's floating around our building until we get our own set up. The Insight guy was supposed to have called by now, but he hasn't. I've had my PDA that all the med students get for a while now, and it has wireless access, but typing a post on a small screen by tapping letters with a stylus would have been less than efficient.
Anyway, I'm doing well. My roommate is a really nice guy and we've got along well (he's a fellow 1st year). Lissa was here this weekend so that was nice. She was here last weekend too.
Our place is just about set up. We drove to this Japanese guys house yesterday to respond to an ad he had posted to sell a couch. It's a pretty decent couch for the $60 I paid for it. I just wish it had been a little smaller. We spent a good 40 minutes hauling the thing up to the third floor where my apartment is, trying to dodge wooden beams, walls, corners, etc in 105 degree heat, only to find out it won't clear the kitchen door and make the turn into the apartment and that it needs to be taken allthe way back down and around the front way. An hour later, couch safely inside and miraculously without any damage, we decided we're taking an axe to it when we move out rather than go through that mess again.
Our shower pressure is bitchin'! It almost hurts if you stand under it the wrong way, which is awesome. I was afraid they'd have some stupid low flow head. (sorry for the b word, Mrs. J, there's just no other way to adequately describe it)
I think I'm just about done pre-reading/studying for tomorrow's Gross Anatomy class. I'm going to look over Embryology and Histo before I go to bed, but Gross is the one you really have to stay prepared for. Tomorrow (the first day of classes) we'll get our cadavers and make the first cuts. I know it sounds awful, but I'm secretly hoping I don't end up with a morbidly obese subject. There's a lot more work involved.
Virginia and Jeremy, you have to come see my place when it's all set up (and don't forget, you promised me a box of tissues, Virginia :) )
Howl at the Moon, the piano bar on 4th street is one of my new favorite places. Maybe I'll go every other Thursday or something like that for a nice little break. They have dollar drinks on Thursday. I'm on a budget :)
That's all for now. I'm gonna flip through some more stuff. Land O' Lakes American cheese from Kroger deli is delicious.
-Chris-
5 comments:
i saw alex and bethany the other day at UK. They started a few weeks ago. Good job with the prereading. I miss you and hope you are doing well. I'm taking CPR tomorrow for school and then wed I start school. call me if you ened anything.
There's also a resturant called Third Avenue that's fairly reasonable and has both vegan and meateater food. It has music on the weekends. You and the Fields might try in when they come to see the apartment.
It always important to stay ahead of all the Gross things. (okay, it's not that great a joke, but I'm old)
Remember how hard getting that couch up the stairs was when you get overwhelmed with classes and think that when you're a doctor, you can pay someone to move your couch.
:) I've eaten at Third Avenue twice, and yes, it's great! I recommend the tomato basil soup :) Thanks for the words of support
What? You've eaten at a place with vegan food and I didn't have to drag you there? What is the world coming to?
hehe I did have the reuben...
Post a Comment