I was one sick puppy today.
Last night Jeremy made me those oven baked cheesy potatoes but he made them all wrong and they weren't cooked all the way through. I got a page at 1:30 in the morning to go to Ridge and my stomach was in this huge knot. I thought it was just because I was waken up so suddenly. Anyways, the knot got worse and by 4 am, I got nausated. I had to sit up in bed to help the pain, but it's didn't do much good. Imagine a raw potatoe sitting in the middle of your chest and not going anywhere. Not going up or down. When I started having problems breathing because of the pressure, I tried to force myself to throw up but it wasn't working. By 6am, I woke Jeremy up to go to the 24 hour pharmacy to get help. They pharmacist said that inducing vomiting would have been really bad because my stomach was hurting because of zealous production of acid trying to get at those potatoes. She told jeremy to give me some acid reflux medicine and some gas x... that was the pressure and pain I was feeling. So, I took those. 30 mins, an hour, 2 hours, 3 hours passed.... nothing got better. And both the drugs that I took were only labeled to take twice a day. So I called dad and told him to tell everyone that I wasn't comign to Louisville. then, at 10:15, 15 minutes before I went off call, the pager went off. So, I had to go in. on the way in, I thought I was doing alot better. I only realized after I made 4 wrong turns on the way to a place 5 minutes away that I was really sick. By this point, my head hurt really bad because I had only gotten 2 hours of sleep all night.
Finally, about 4, the pressure moved down out of my chest and lower in my stomach. It still hurted, but I wasn't having problems breathing so I was able to go to sleep. Which brings you to this point, after a 3 hour nap. What a horrible day. I hate being sick in general, but not being able to sleep it off was the worse. I thought about sending Jeremy to get some sleep aid stuff just so I could be out of my misery but I figured I shouldn't had insult to injury on my already injured stomach situation.
Moral of the story; potatoe cheesy bakes are evil and simethacone and ranitidine don't work when you have entire potatoes stuck in your stomach.
1 comment:
Sometimes chewing your potatoes helps ;-)
Post a Comment