I've spent the day in Louisville with my sister doing the bridal shower thing. I got her this really cool shower head that I hope she likes (greg too of course). It was sort of strange being at the shower and not knowing anyone. ALso, I think one of the girls didn't like me from when we were younger. But that's ok because her hair was ugly.
I made cherry cobbler and it was good. I wasn't able to see my parent's new furniture, but I will see it when I come back up next Sunday.
I'm stressed out about the wedding because of those stupid block exams. I have to take 2 tests on the 16th, 2 on the 17th, and then 2 on the 19th. Bec's wedding is on the 17th. Her rehearsal dinner is on the 16th. In Louisville. Far away from Lexington I can't really move the tests earlier without getting screwed. But if I don't move any of the tests I will be letting becca down. I don't know what to do.
I hate it that smart people have such horrible jobs sometimes. Makes you wonder if they are really smart or not.
We had our pledge to professionalism on Friday at some snotty UK alum manision called Spindletop. Jeremy would have freaked out if he saw how the servers were. They were pretty bad. I had to ask like 5 times for a vegetarian meal. And the tea tasted like ass or something weird. I don't know. Maybe it was herbal. It was sort of surreal sitting there. there were 1000 people that applied to UK pharmacy school and I was one of the 130 that were picked. It made me feel alot better about the whole barb thing. I stopped by work to get the pager for Sunday and to talk to some folks there.
Yeah, remember Tuesday when i called out? They sure did throw me a going away/ good luck with school party, with cake and veggie pizza included. Let me tell you how sheepish I felt. After I told everyone why I didn't come in, they understood (they all dislike barb too). I'm glad now that I didn't quit. EVen though barb doesn't think so, Gericare does need me and I would be just screwing over people if I left them. and I don't want to screw those people over.
Becca wants me to get off the computer so she can do her homework. So goodnight all and sweet dreams.
6 comments:
Do whatever you need to do. Don't worry about the wedding. I love you
You were in Louisville and you didn't come see my place? I promise I don't serve ass tea... :)
I know, I'm sorry. I actually thought about calling you but then I thought you would be with Lissa so I shouldn't bother you. I'm a loser.
It's alright :) Lissa didn't come this weekend because I had stuff to attend and do (histology review, study session with lab group in the Gross Lab, regular studying, baby delivering Sunday). We'll get together at some point, though. I'll actually be in Lexington next weekend helping Lissa move in so maybe we can do something.
I'm going back to Louisville on Sunday to do more wedding stuff and to go to the state fair if we have time...
Greg said you all wouldn't be done with the shower until after 7, and Rebecca said you had to go to David's Bridal to get shoes, so I didn't think you'd have time, so I went to the ballgame and melted with your dad. Hopefully Dad can see you Sunday with me. ( Is Jeremy going to get to come too?) I'm going on retreat Friday and Saturday. (I know the commas aren't the right punctuation but it needed something to break up my rambling)
Post a Comment