Just a short update before I got to bed.
Busy day this morning. We went to the Mutt Strut and then we biked downtown (in the rain). And we kicked tooshie getting to the front of the back.
Then home to take care of the kittens that are currently living in the bathtub. Saturday while I was at work, Jeremy found a kitten by the front door when he was in the garage. He ended up driving out the the humane society and dropping it off. Then Sunday, I was sitting in the back yard studyingand I heard another kitten crying. It was sqished up against the back fence freaked out because Jeremy was cutting the lawn. By the time I got it and heading to the front of the house, we found two more kittens pinned to our front door terrified. Rather than leave them in the metal boxes at the humane society after hours (for last night and today since it was a holiday), they've been staying in the bathtub (with towels of course) until I can take them out there tomorrow.
Two of the kittens think I'm satan. They hiss and spit and they are barely old enough to walk in a straight line. it's very interesting. earlier tonight, the mama was looking for them and sitting outside the front door crying. It was so sad. But, we have a cat problem around here because the neighbor feeds strays, so we can't in good conscious let them loose. Did you know that a cat and her offspring will produce 480,000 kittens in 7 years? And they would all be in our neighborhood. I think that one of the kittens will be adoptable, and hopefully the other ones will simmer down. they are so young to be such little hard asses.
1 comment:
That's why I give money to Alley Cats in Louisville. They "fix" and release outdoor strays who are being feed but are too wild to be adopted in the hopes to cut down on the roaming cat population. If Lexington has something similar maybe you can alert them to your neighborhood. Of course "fixing" the idiots who think it's fine to let animals roam may be a solution too.
Post a Comment