baby wyatt

baby wyatt

Thursday, March 05, 2009

You know how when people have a life changing illness that they will remember forever. I'm had mine. it sucked.

I forgot my lunch on Tuesday because I left it at the apartment. So when I got home, I ate my peanut butter sandwich, a banana, and a frozen fudge bar. Then I was tired so I laid down at 6. I woke up at 8 feeling really nauseated and with a bad headache. I call Jeremy at 8:30 and complained to him. 9:30 (I think), I threw up. Called Jeremy to complain. 10:30 I threw up. Called Jeremy to complain again. 11:30 threw up. Figure Jeremy didn't want to hear the same old story, so I didn't call. Drank some ginger ale. 12:30, threw up ginger ale. Also had first round of diarrhea. 1:00 threw up and diarrhea 1:30 threw up and diarrhea. Drank a dose of pepto and 100 cc of water because I was beyond dehydrated. mouth and eyes dry. 2:45, threw up pepto and water. Didn't taste so bad coming back up. Also diarrhea. 3:30, only had dry heaves, but more diarrhea. 4:00, dry heaves and diarrhea. 4:30, called Jeremy and complained. 5:30, had urgency for diarrhea and vomiting, but I don't think there was anything else in me. 7:00, called the rotation and told them I wouldn't be in.

Then the leg cramping and head aches started. My buttocks and my hamstrings were in a perpetual cramp that left me in agony. I knew it was because I was so dehydrated and needed to replace my electrolytes. I was convinced that I needed to take a shower because I had managed to get vomit in my hair and I keep breaking out into sweats and shaking. I'm pretty sure I was delirious this entire time.

needless to say, Jeremy came and got me from Danville yesterday afternoon. and we reached home around 5. I went to bed right away and got up around 130 for some tylenol and then went back to bed. this morning when I go up, I pooped again. not diarrhea poop, just regular poop. what the hell? the only thing I've eaten in the past 40 hours has been 2 and 1/3 saltine crackers. and I was pretty convinced my entire GI track was cleared out. I guess i was wrong.

I feel much better now. my head hurts still when I stand up, but I think that's because of the not eating. I'm going to try eating some vegetable soup in a little bit.

i'm throwing all the food in the danville apartment away.

2 comments:

Virginia's Mom said...

Especially the peanut butter.

Rebecca said...

I'm sorry you didn't have Jeremy with you. Greg had to clean up some very disgusting vomit that was ALL over the bathroom on Sunday night :( I guess he is just glad I didn't miss with the other end.

Oh and Aaden has his first tooth!