5/1/08
yesterday I spent the day with my mom. she had surgery, so I got up with Jeremy super early and we drove to Louisville. he was able to work after he dropped me off at Jewish hospital.
I got a bunch of books from my mom for me to read. I'm going to try and hit all the classics this year.
today is the first day of my first rotation and I'm super nervous. I don't know what I need to take. I don't have my drug information handbook. I think I let Amanda beckman borrow it, then she never gave it back to me. but, I ordered another one earlier this week from Amazon, but I havne't even gotten an email that they have sent it yet.
I am wearing new shoes, new pants, new undies, and a new shirt. I would be wearing a new bra, but I accidently left my gift card at home. which is good, because I thought that I accidently dropped it in the store and some shady person stole it. my faith in humanity is restored. ask me about it after my first day of rotations.
i need to go pack my lunch and find my med center id and try to poop. I also need to pack a workout bag so I can try to hit the gym after I'm done today. maybe we will get out early.
later on:
My first rotation day went well, although I am super tired. I wish that I coudl force myself to go workout, but I could barely get myself to walk to the car this afternoon when I got off. I am one tired puppy, like always. In other news, I am really enjoying the book I am reading; it's one my Maeve Binchy. I think she is one of my top 10 favorite authors.
4/27/08
last night was one of the best nights ever. I laughed so hard it was ridiculous. I was one tired puppy when I got home.
I was able to talk to Krista about the VA yesterday, so that was good. I have to work today again from 10 until 3 and then I work on Tuesday from 10 to 6 and then I don't have any idea when I'll be able to work.
I have to look up some herbal interactions for a person at work. I can't find my drug information handbook anywhere. I think I'm going to buy a new one. my addition is old anyway
4/25/08
I have been busy busy busy.
I had to go get a physical exam this morning for the VA. sorta a strange, but at least now I know that I don't have any weird muscle disoders.
Before I left, I cleaned up the living, swept the kitchen, and figured out my outfit tonight for white coat ceremony. Then, when I got back home, I cut the grass, weedate (hehe), finished vacuuming, swept the entrance ways, cleaned the bathroom, wiped the counters, cleaned the patio doors, spray out the dog's crate and.... I think that's it. I'm one tired puppy. my hands are in bad shape too. I went on a sewing spree yesterday and mending a ton of things that needed it. I even fixed maybe's chair that was all gross and stuff. I used a canvas bag to patch it, and when Jeremy got him, he thought I had bought a new chair:) Anyways, I poked myself like 10 times with the needle, then today I cut my pinkie on a can that I was putting into recycling and then I pricked my thumb when I was out trimming the rose bush. I'm glad I got my tetanus shot updated last month:)
2/24/08
I AM DOOOOONNNNNNEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I took my last final this morning. And I got donuts and juice for the entire class.
so surreal.
I'm going to go read a book outside and be a complete bum because I have nothing to do! except clean the house.
4/22/08
did I ever mention that I dislike my neighbors? they are the poop on your shoe that you can't get out of the cracks.
I think I may have come out on the short end of the stick on a deal I made with Jeremy. I have to wash the dishes for a month. Maybe I'll just wait until the end of the month to start... nah. I'll be a good little house wife.
I was sitting outside studying, and when I came back in to do a phone interview that I ended up not doing, I notice this bug crawling on me that sorta freaked me out. He looks sorta like a mix between a lady bug and a tick and I ended up trapping him under the end of my highligher. ewww.
Can I even imagine how crazy busy this next year is going to be? I have to work at the VA the two months that I have off, as well as every other weekend. some of my rotations I will also have to work on the weekends. And, I'm still trying to figure out how to squeeze CVS into the mix in case the VA thing doesn't work out. So I have to pick up a shift there at least every two weeks. I told them I was applying for the Valor Program, and that is was an honors type of thing, but I didn't mention that it was a paid position (~$30/hr). CVS is sending out their contracts in September; residency matches aren't until March. I don't know what to do. I hate playing on CVS. maybe I will just talk to Krista about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment