I did training at the VA on Monday and Tuesday, and then today when I went into my rotation, it was super slow. and that is amazing because I've never had time just to sit and catch up on my reading.
I'm not so impressed with the VA. the people who did the orientation earlier this week weren't too bright. But, it was an easy two days, and I got paid $33 an hour for it, so I really can't complain.
And I needed something to be easy. I had a REALLY bad time on Saturday at UK. I was slightly overwhelmed because I was all by myself postcall and it was a horrible experience. But, hopefully, it will not happen again in the future.
I am post call again tomorrow. And I will be getting up at 4:3o to work patients up because we are rounding at 7:30. next week will be even worse because we will have a new attending that does rounds at 6:30.
I am ready for this rotation to be over, although I dread going to Ashland for the entire month of June.
And by the way, CVS sucks. I've been getting paid $13/hr for the past year, which is $1 off what the other 3rd year interns are getting. I figured this out in September, and have been mentioning it ever since then and I was told for the past year that it would be taken care of. Anyway, I finally reported my store manage to his boss' boss, and they turned in my hours for Todd's road. $500 bucks. isn't that ridiculous. And then I got a letter in the mail from corporate because confirming my hours for the past year because part of the reason I reported the store manager was because he made the comment that I would get reimbured 100 hours at 50 cents an hour and that really pissed me off. So I requested documentation of how my back pay was going to be calculated. So, I got the letter, and apparently I worked something like 695 hours in the past year, but my store manager didn't catch it because I floated to so many stores this summer. so, basically, I'm still getting screwed out of another $200. CVS really does suck as a company.
1 comment:
Wow, I hope it gets less stressful for you ...
I would do just about anything (that's legal) for $33 an hour. Haha. :o)
Post a Comment