baby wyatt
Monday, June 18, 2007
I worked at Paris today. I got my first compliant from a customer. But I think I'm ok with it. I don't know how I could have handled the situation any better. A guy came through the drive thru to get medications for his mother. And we hadn't filled them because there was some issue with rebilling or something. Kenneth was working on it, and I heard him mention it, but then a couple of hours passed and he left for the day, so i had no idea what was going on with it. Anyway, we started filling the meds when the son came through the drive thru. we told him it would take five minutes. So, the phone rings and I answer it and it's the guy's mother! He had called her while sitting in the drive through. So, she starts yelling at me and saying she talked to me earlier this morning and I said her prescriptions were ready. I apoligized and said we were working on it right now and sorry for the confusion, I that I didn't think I was the one that talked to her but we were going to fix the problem as soon as possible. And she kept on going on and on and asking if there was another girl there working, and I was like yes there is, and I was sorry, I would fix the problem and get the prescriptions to her son, I just had to fill them. so, when she came back at me again yelling, I said I was sorry and I 'll get it taken care of and hung up. so, then she calls back and talks to Mike, the pharmacist. And all Mike said was "ok, I'll talk to her... ok... I'll talk to her." over and over again, like 10 times. I don't know what she wanted me to do. I said I was sorry, multiple times, I said I would fix the problem and I would get it taken care of, I said I was sorry that we ever told her it would be ready. But I can't really fill her prescriptions at the same time I was on the phone with her yelling at me. I mean, there's only so many ways you can beat a dead horse telling someone you are upset with them. I just don't understand what she wanted me to do. I guess I should have said I'm sorry 10 times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
After you said you were sorry someone gave her the wrong information, you could have said I need to hang up now to get your medicine ready and hung up before she went on her rampage. She was probably old and confused and afraid something would keep her from getting her meds. I felt sorry for someone who had to send their stupid son after their medicine. Why would he have called her knowing it would upset her? And if she got that upset I can almost bet she has a habit of over-reacting. Maybe he fussed at her for sending him when the meds. weren't ready and she fussed at you because he fussed at her. Whatever reason she was wrong and you were classy in your handling of it.
VA... I tell you what those customers that are like me are so hard to get a long with... I wish they would stop going to stores and just live in their homes and never come out....
LOL.. you did fine and I suspect she wanted the past to be changed but you can't do that. It helped me to deal with people like that but remembering they may have had a bad day or whatever. And then I took a conflict resolution class which really helped my perspective on things.
reach a common goal and all that yadda yadda... but you did fine. I am impressed as I would have probably told her were to go and asked her if she needed directions... Actually no I wouldn't have, just like I didn't tell the bitch I work with today that not only is she not my boss she is just a temp like me and not ready to be hired in a couple of weeks full time because of the excellent job she is doing as I am... and if she has a question on whether I did something right or not she better go to her boss first instead of getting in my face telling me I don't know what I am doing, when you can't even read a gosh darn error message and figure out that you didn't select the Freaking payroll... (which consists of checking a dang box)
So before you tell me I need to fix something that isn't even broke, you better mind your business...
But I digress... people are going to be like that and you just have to deal with it... Mom is right you don't know the background so we just have to assume there is something going on. I love you. You are great. And you are pretty... so don't worry about it.. You give blonds a good name :)
Post a Comment