baby wyatt

baby wyatt

Saturday, June 04, 2005

It has been six days since we planted that garden and the tally so far is:

a million radish seedlings
2 cucumber seedings
1 squash seedling
and the three tomato transplants are looking happy

no signs of the cantaloupe, peppers, or the tomato seedlings.

It's all good though because it takes 10 days for germination on some of them.

I had preprofessional day at UK yesterday. I learned a lot and spent a lot of money. I was also stressed out a bunch but as Jeremy would say "no worries."

We have assignments out of two textbooks before school starts that we are going to be tested on. Today I learned that lip means fat, hyper means excessive and protein means protein. Who knew? I hope I do well at pharmacy school. It seems pretty overwhelming. It will be interested to see how it is compared to Transy.

I think I'm going to join KAPS (ky association of pharmacy students). When I join that I get membership into a bunch of other national pharmacy groups. I guess we'll see how much it costs.

I'm going to need to buy some more dress clothes. And I need new makeup. And a haircut. and some shoes. Ans $176 to buy a parking permit. I hope I get enough loan money.

Classes will be from 10 to 4:45ish, I think. Tues and Thurs we have lab, which we have to dress up for. This is sort of strange for me, because in undergrad labs equated to whatever you didn't mind getting ruined, not "professional" attire.

So far, here are the expenses:
$650 on books
$24 on a lab coat (I got a small... the medium was too big. I hope the small isn't too small in winter clothing)
$15 for a UK wildcat ID card

I was going to get a weight set, but I asked the guy if I could use an old pharmacist's set and he told me yes. So that saved me forty dollars. I don't know. I may freak out and send in money for a set just because. I don't want to be looked down upon by the prof because I didn't follow directions and don't have the same weight set as everyone else.

Upcoming expenses:
Over $50 for immunizations to work in medical building
$45 (I think) to get certified by the American heart association in CPR (no American red cross)
$176 for the above mentioned parking permit
$10,000 (about) for tuition. They really wouldn't give us a straight answer about tuition yet. They said the board of meeting next week to finalize details.

The financial aid guy said that pretty much everyone was given at least 18 K in loans. I would rather get students loans now and have a lower interest rate later and use any extra money that we have to help pay off Fairfield.

I think Jeremy may decide to postpone graduate school. Again, we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm streed out about tests and becca's wedding.

Man, I love summer. I wish it could be like this 12 months of the year.

No comments: