baby wyatt

baby wyatt

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

My first post

Well, as those of you who check this site regularly might have noticed, this site's been kind of dead for a while. I mean, come on, there's been two posts in the last month, and one of them was about Zippy's epic battle with the table. Anyway, Virginia and Jeremy are both busy people as you know, so I'm going to be helping out on the blog for a while. Not that I'm any less busy, but maybe between the three of us, we can keep it semi-updated.

Virginia has really been hitting the Beck center lately and I've been impressed by her dedication. She runs at least a mile on the treadmill almost everyday it seems, so good for her. I'm not sure how Jeremy's progressing, but Virginia "has plans for him" so we'll keep on eye on that.

Virginia and I did KMEA a little over a week ago (she for concert band, me for jazz) and I think we both had fun. The food in the alumni reception may have been the best part. Ask Virginia about cream cheese icing, it's to die for. The worst part? Finding the stupid place. I guess I'm going to have to get used to Louisville city planning if I'm going to go to school there.

Speaking of school, never let Jeremy give you advice on classes to take. In fact, I may have him look at the May term schedule to see if there's anything he thinks looks good so I can be sure not to take it. I don't know if you're aware, but Jeremy decided Virginia had to take Frank Russell before she graduated because he was the greatest teacher ever. Well, of course me being Mr. Gullible jumped on the train with her and we both signed up for Medieval Europe.... Yeah, hate that class. Hate. I'm using the word HATE here to describe that class. Both of us. You can't understand what the man is saying, and when you do, you can't figure out where he's going. Virginia, being in the fortunate position of not having to worry about a "W" on her transcript has wisely dropped the class, leaving me to suffer through the ramblings of disjointed ambiguity. Thank you, Jeremy :-p

Let's see, what else is going on? Oh, as you may or may not know, Transy's library had some really rare and acient books stolen recently from its special collection (some James Audobon originals, Darwin first copy, 14th century book, etc). Well, they finally found the thieves and recovered the materials. The main culprit? A sophomore Transy art student. Where did they find the books? IN HIS DORMROOM! Come on! How stupid can you be?! "Hmm, couple million dollars in stolen goods...um, kind of know how the dog feels when he catches the car...eh, maybe we should have had a buyer lined up...here Spencer, stick them under your bed." Good grief people.
Aparently there was recent theft at the Marriot as well, to the tune of some poor bride and groom having nearly all of their gift envelopes stolen at a 350 guest wedding. I don't quite know how that's coming along, but Jeremy was working at the time so we'll see if anything turns up. From the details it sounds like it may have been an inside job.

If any of you see an ad in the paper for a miniature schnauzer to adopt, please let Jeremy know. His recent repeated forays to the animal shelter to visit one such little guy unfortunately did not pan out and somebody else adopted him. He had really grown attached and was a little crushed I think, so keep an eye out.

Well, I think that's enough for now. I have to think about getting motivated to go to work. I'll try to throw a post on here whenever interesting stuff is going down in our neck of the woods, which is usually pretty often. Laters.

No comments: