we made the decision to spend Christmas and Christmas Eve at home when Liam was little. Which means the weekend before or after we are traveling. This year, it was the weekend before. Saturday to Ashland and Sunday to Louisville. The drive wasn't too bad. We have Beckett's car seat switched to forward facing in the van, which is the car that we rarely use, and I think that helped a lot. He doesn't harass the person sitting next to him nearly at all.
He is still rear facing in my car--- he will be 21 months soon, and I thought we would make it to the 24 year mark, but he is big for his age. I don't know. Jeremy said he would move it whenever he gets a chance, which knowing him but not be until he is 2 years old if I don't remind him.
I was really disappointed with Ashland this year- it used to be a small and intimate thing- this year, there were literally 8 people I had no idea who they were. Never again. we do not travel 4 hours round trip to see random distant cousins that I do not even know their names. we just won't go. If I have failed to meet you in the past 10 years and you live in Ashland, then sorry about your luck, but I'm not sharing my family's time with you.
Louisville was nice to visit with Rebecca and her family and my parents. I love hearing giggles. It warms by heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment