Today was a pretty nice day. I got up and went to work at the VA from 8 until 4 ( I skipped lunch so that I could leave 30 minutes early). I was super productive because it was just me and another pharmacist. There wasn't another valor student there, and the residents are new this month and have started working on the weekends yet. And I was able to talk to the pharmacist about how one of the other fellow valor students was super shady (I traded her one of my Saturday shifts so I could go volunteer at the Asthma Walk for one of her July shifts, and she just didn't bother showing up for mine), and she agreed with me. She mentioned that she has done some other stuff that has made her not on the top of the pharmacists lists, so that makes me happy. She was the girl that I really did not think deserved to get the position, and she got it over me. oh well, her true colors are showing.
While I was at work, Jeremy ran down to the gym (literally since I had the only car), rode 2 hours for a cancer/HIV combo charity thing, and then ran back home (literally-see above).
then I came home and read some in my book while Jeremy played a new Indiana Jones lego game that he downloaded. Then we headed downtown for the PRIDE festival and another diversity festival. I saw an old professor from Transy who got fired for making cocaine in the lab, so that was a tad awkward.
It was sorta stinky because we were listening to a band with a guy from Jeremy's work in it, and it started raining really hard. Luckly, I thought ahead and had this really huge umbrella from Jeremy's car and I held it for the both of us while Jeremy finished his euro. Sadly, things started shutting down after the big storm. But, we were able to get some kettle corn before we left.
Then, we headed over to Walmart spur of the minute, and bought bike helmets and a bike chain. We always feel bad riding without helmets, so we finally broke down and got them. And we got two new pillows are seaching through the stacks of them, trying to find two that weren't contaminated (aka, their plastic wasn't pulled off at any point). And we got toliet paper to make me feel better. I always feel better with extra toliet paper in the house.
I wish that every day was like this.
I found out that I will be at the Leestown Road VA all this next month. Which is sorta stinky because it is a hike away. but, I've decided it would be better if I go to Marriott in the morning with Jeremy, hang out of an hour or so, then head over to work. then, pick him up after work and drive home. that would save us like 20 miles a day in gas.
No comments:
Post a Comment