I guess I don't have faith in UK student health or what, but I don't like going there. I don't think the PA that I always end up seeing knows what she is doing. I've gone and asked for an epi pen prescription the last time I had that really bad allergic reaction and my throat shut up, and she wouldn't write me one and just gave me a presciption for Zyrtec (which is retarded). And then she couldn't recommended me to a specialist, even though she told me I needed to go to one. And last year when I was peeing every hour on the hour, she wasn't going to write me another prescription for another antibiotic when the Bactrim failed until I really pushed the issue.
And I will always get the same PA because they try to do the continual care thing over there.
The pharmacist at work is married to a doctor, and she fills stuff for herself all the time. I wish I could fill myself an omperazole with a $5 copay instead of having to pay 20 bucks for Prilosec OTC. I'm pretty sure I have an ulcer. I have this nagging pain in my stomach that hurts really bad pretty much all the time, and it gets worse when I take excedrin or ibuprofen or if I drink something acidic (like ginger ale). But, if I went to see that PA chick, I'm sure she would tell me to take tums and get over it. Which I can't because I know if I take in even 500 mg of calcium, my pipes get all plugged up and I won't be able to poop for days. so, I'll go back into the PA and she'll say increase your fiber intake... which means I won't be able to poop AND Jeremy will disown me for all my stinky gas.
So there I'll be, doubled over in pain from my ulcer, constipation, and bloatedness. My stomach may explode from seeing that PA, so i just won't bother.
1 comment:
You're young so your stomach should heal fairly fast. When I was younger I took omperazole for two months when I just had Christy and didn't have problems again until just recently . So look for the sales on PrilosecCR and buy enough to take for a month or two. It'll be worth every penny. You'll feel better in a day or two and if you give your stomach time to heal, you'll be better for years.
Tell them you are unhappy with the PA and demand another one. You have rights as a patient. Or go to a doctor somewhere else. You are worth the best care.
Post a Comment