Alaska--enjoy Virginia and friends.

Mendenhall Glacier, Tongass National Forest, Alaska --very cold
I saw a bear with her two cubs here.

Alaska at the end of July. Plenty of ice floating in the water.

An ice waterfall.

The hump is a humpback whale. They are really fast divers.

Sea lions. They put on a show jumping off the bouy.


The Red Onion Brothel in Skagway. The "ladies" used to send their fees down to the cashier by copper pipes when they were done. When they were busy, a doll was lain down. When the money came down the doll was stood up until another customer went upstairs.

John in Canada at the top White Pass trail where the railroad took gold rushers to the Yukon. The ride up was really steep.

Frigid in July. We were only out of the bus long enough to get our picture taken but the wind was blowing and it was bitter cold.

Glacier Bay

John was amazed .

I was amazed that John actually posed for a picture at Glacier Bay.

We saw and heard a huge chunk of ice fall off this glacier. It was actually taller than the ship. Sounded like thunder.

Beautiful place for seals to be born. We had to stay out because of the baby seals and the baby seals to be.

Saxon Indian Villiage


Lumberjack show.

John by the ship.
I have more pictures but I'm going to take some of them to get printed so I can show them around. And the rest will be on my computer for any family or friend who really want to see a couple of hours of pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment