baby wyatt

baby wyatt

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Fields and Friends

I was supposed to have surgery Tuesday. Instead my potassium was too high and I had to spend two long, boring, scary days in the hospital until it went down. Now I'm waiting to hear when they want to reschedule the surgery. Virginia and Jeremy came and spent the day Saturday to help me wait. We went out to eat and to a movie. Rebecca drove me there and back and spent most of Tuesday and Wednesday with me. Christy stayed most of Tuesday and came a couple of hours Wednesday and got me stuff from the store. John came Tuesday as soon as he could get away from work and most of Wednesday after he got the trucks out. Greg was the gofer and brought stuff from home and food for Rebecca and Christy. My friend Diane who is a nurse stopped in after working all day and visited. At least I felt loved even though I just wanted to go home. I didn't feel bad or I could have understood more. Rebecca is going on vacation and after having to take care of me, she deserves it. The Tuesday before last, my mother's kitchen chair broke with me on it and she had to take me to the Immediate Care Center with a bloody head wound. I ended up getting three staples in my head. Then this Tuesday there was the non-surgery. I'm grateful for my family and I've just about decided not to have Tuesday any more.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Yeah.. Tuesday is a bad day... AFter you said that, I just realized I got really bad news on Tuesday about my father-in-law and grandmother...

Let's not have Tuesdays...

I am glad you are home, and yes you are loved... Hang in there mom!