baby wyatt

baby wyatt

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Time for a nice long update....

Well, the final destination is Gatlinburg. We were able to get our 100 dollar refund from Myrtle Beach and we are going to wait on Asheville until May term break when we can go and hike in nice weather. And we realized that we could use the rest of our Discovery Points that we got in Hawaii to go for free to Gatlinburg. Thankfully, we were able to get a room down there. There was some question about whether we would or not. Chris has to sleep on the fold out couch, but he'll live.

Hopefully, the trip will be cheap all around. The place has a full kitchen, so I'm planning on bringing food down. Here's the list of stuff that we have in the house that I'm thinking about taking. If you have anyother suggestions, please comment.

-spagetti and pasta sauce
-wheat bread
-a block of sharp cheese and the rest of the colby that we have
-some saltine crackers (wheat and unsalted)
-apples
-oatmeal
-some bottles of wine
-an two liter of cherry lemonlime :)
-some organic soup
-ramen noodles

Umm, that's all I got. I'm sure I could find more when I raid the kitchen later.
I think the plan is to eat at one of the breakfast places (it's like some big tradition that you have to eat pancakes at least one while down in Gatlinburg) and then maybe lunch or dinner some other time.

We are leaving Sunday night and/or afternoon. Monday, depending on the weather, we will be hiking some or driving over this really scenic route to check out a casino. Hopefully, it won't be too cold to hike. Jeremy really wants to do this 9 miles trail. And I want to too. Chris, you should come as well. At night, we will most likely walk around the Gatlinburg area and see what there is to see. It should be nice. After heading over to his parent's house to pick up the doggies, I'll try to go in and get a few hours of work in.

My paychecks from work have been quite sad. I wish we were rich. And in not some much debt.

So, it's spring break. Why is there snow on the ground? And why do I have three tests the week that we get back. sigh. I should go study. First I should shower though.

laters all!

No comments: