baby wyatt

baby wyatt

Saturday, November 21, 2015

November is the anniversary of when I became a vegetarian--- I usually don't think about it too much, except when it comes up and someone asks me how long I have been a vegetarian, and then I have to do some mental math by counting from Thanksgiving of freshman year of high school.  It just to be easier to calculate, when I was in college and pharmacy school, but now that I'm an actual grown up, the years after graduation seem to blur together.  Like, I really have to think about how long I've been a pharmacist. (5 and a half years).

So, I'm looking at 18 years of being a vegetarian.--- I was 14 when I started and I'm 32 now.  So, I've been a vegetarian longer than not.

I was joking with the boys tonight because Jeremy made them turkey sandwiches for dinner, and Beckett was stuffing the lunch meat in his mouth like a crazy man, and I said "you boys are for sure your father's son." and Jeremy made the comment "well, the guy you had the affair with could have eaten a bunch of meat too." And I responded back, "welp, you're raising 'em now, so you're on the hook regardless."  It was completely banter and we were teasing each other, and Liam chimes up "it's doesn't even matter!"  we sometimes use that phrase when the boys are arguing with each other over something silly and we are trying to put their toddler brains in perspective.  Like, when they are fighting over who will sit in the middle carseat in the van--- it doesn't even matter. (in the Prius is a different story--- Beckett is still rearfacing and can annoy the crap out of whoever is sitting in the middle seat--- in the van, his carseat has higher arms so kicking and grabbing is much more difficult).

So very cute that Liam told Jeremy that my imaginary affair doesn't even matter:)


No comments: