baby wyatt

baby wyatt

Wednesday, April 02, 2014

It amazes me what women who have been pregnant or men who have had pregnant wives find appropriate to say to me.  Especially when the only way I can possibly interpret their comments is flat out mean or a joke at my expense.

"You look miserable." Thank you?
"You are about ready to pop." Okay...
"Omg, look at your belly button!" No, don't look at my belly button.
:person starts to waddle when they pass me walking: yes, asshole, by hips are killing me. Thank you for mocking me.

Also, don't freaking ask me when my last day is 100 times. I don't have a planned c section, I don't have a planned induction, I really have no say when the baby decides to come. And no, I don't give a flying flip that you think I shouldn't be coming into work and I should be sitting at home waiting. I have 12 weeks to be at home with the baby, and I don't want to waste them. I'm pregnant, not disabled. I can still do my job, and if I take off now, that means I'm not going to be paid later. That's stupid.

I just want people to leave me alone.  I know most of them have good intentions, but I am so sick of having the same conversation with 30 different people every single day.  I am uncomfortable. I don't know when I will got into labor. Yes, I've had sex with my husband. No, I'm not having contractions. Yes, I no longer want to be pregnant. Yes, the end is in sight. What did the doctor say? Pretty much, I'm still pregnant.

I had to tell two people to drop touching my stomach.  One got really offended, and the other was shocked and asked why... Um, does a 10 month pregnant woman really have to say why she doesn't want to be touched? If I wasn't pregnant, I wouldn't want to be randomly touched, so why do people think it's okay to do it when you are super uncomfortable?

1 comment:

Virginia's Mom said...

I love you and would stop those people if I could. When people ask when your last day is just say the day I go into labor.