so sleepy. And I sorta have a headache. We went to Ashland today to visit with jeremy's mom. Liam was so cute... of course. He really knows how to work it. Liam got to see his great aunt Patty and Judy and even his uncle John and his greatgrandmother. jeremy's grandmother is really rude and wore us very thin.
We got pictures taken of Liam.
Next weekend is blackacres, and the weekend after that is Chicago. Then I'm hosting Catherine (at work)'s baby shower, then New Orleans. and hopefully lots of comp time to save up for the next BGF (big girl fields) whenever she decides to arrive. If I think it, it will be. Right? waiting sucks, and not knowing what the future will bring. I told Jeremy if the next one is a boy, we have to try for a third and he isn't feeling that.
hey, when do babies get out of cribs and into big boy beds? is it when they can put themselves to bed? like, climb into bed on their own?
I guess my milk drying out was a fake out, because now it's back in full force. I did have oatmeal the other day... maybe that jump started it back.
6 comments:
switch to a toddler bed when he is tall enough to get his leg up over the rail on the crib and try to climb out. Probably not until he's approaching 2 or later. At that point, you can put guardrails on the bed, but they're not to restrain him, just keep him from rolling out. You can put a bell on his door so you know he's out at night. Also, no pillow until he's 2 or older, and then it should be thin and fairly firm. Hope that helps :)
I agree with Chris. When Liam gets out of the crib on his ownm he will be ready for hia own bed. I never shut your door so I don't know about a bell. I wanted to hear you and usually did.
just whenever they start getting out of the crib or they reach the weight limit... Liam probably has quite aways to go since he's not crawling yet (well maybe not on the weight ;)). Some kids have the ability but never try.
Aaden was pulling himself over the edge at 11 months, but he was more mobile and had a lot fewer pounds to get over. We've never had a problem knowing when he's out of bed, usually he gets out of bed to find us.
We waited as long as we could to put Duncan in a big boy bed - he was 25 months old. I would have waited longer, but we needed the room for Violet (Duncan switched rooms, too). My SIL's son will be 3 in July. As long as they're not climbing/falling out, I think you can keep them in the crib as long as you want.
And congratulations, by the way! Did I decipher your post correctly? There will be another baby in January/february?
And i know every mama is different, but Duncan weaned by himself when I was 3 months pregnant with Violet. Duncan was 20 months old ... but my SIL is now nursing both of her children (the 3 year old and the newborn), so I guess it just depends.
That wasn't clear - my SIL's son will be 3 in July and he's still in his crib.
no dicphering...just talking about the future and convos I've had with jeremy
Post a Comment