baby wyatt

baby wyatt

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Today was day 3 of operation Rice Cereal. Liam was a rock star! He at almost his entire bowl and smiled the entire time during it. I'm pretty sure he was smiling at me and Jeremy and not at the cereal, but we'll take what we can get. Jeremy always makes too much (we make our own using organic rice) and he has found that adding a little brown sugar makes a good breakfast for him.

He hasn't been eating very well at all these past few days because he's been sick but he's alot better today. He's also been sleeping with us every night too because of the above mentioned not feeling well. we try to start him out in the crib, but Jeremy usually sneaks him back to bed with us by midnight. He sleeps alot more soundly in bed with us. his middle of the night feeding isn't as good when he sleeps with us because he nurses better in the nursing chair then lying down next to me.


we close on the house on March 15th. I sorta got really freaked out because I calculated our monthly budget, and it looks like we have about $100 leighway. and then I told Jeremy and he proceeded to freakout because when he figured it out, we would actually be over $500 every month.

Thankfully, we both realized that we were being idiots because we were only counting our income from a biweekly prespective and we actually get paid TWICE every month. I was seriously thinking "what the hell have we gotten ourselves into? how are we going to afford two mortgages? why in the world did they approve us for this loan that we obviously can't afford??????"

it's surreal our income.

So, when we move into the house, the living room, dining room, and master suite will be empty. we don't have enough in savings to furnish them, so when we build up our savings again, we will start putting them together. I think jeremy and I have decided to stay upstairs with Liam in one of the guest rooms until we have enough to buy furniture for the master suite. that way we will be close to him until he is a little older.

2 comments:

Virginia's Mom said...

Aren't you going to use your old furniture until you get more? Even if you got better furniture I think staying upstairs with Liam will help you sleep better. I prefer sleeping on the 2nd floor. It seems safer somehow.
I am so excited for you.

Rebecca said...

I'm very jealous.