well, it has been a very long week. Going to the hospital every 3 hours is exhausting, just in case you didn't know.
Little Liam hopefully will come home Wednesday morning. They took out his nasal canula at 3am and they need to watch him for 24 hours and arent' going to discharge him in the middle of the night. So, wednesday morning. hopefully.
I feel like I'm in this bizarro repeat cycle where it's been a month of getting up, pumping, going to the hospital, visiting with baby, going home, going to sleep. And then repeat. Every time we start over, it's like a new day. I have to force myself not to change outfits every time because wearing something for an hour doesn't count as being dirty.
My feet swelling has been going down. When I checked into the hospital, I was 204. I weighed myself on some random scale in the hallway the day after the birth, and i was only 192... and Liam was 9 pounds, so there's no way the scale was right. we were able to stop by the gym on the way home from the hospital and walk in; I was down to 181... that seems more realistic.
I love him so much it hurts. We have been tryin gto limit the visits to 30 minutes so that we can come home and have a decent amount of time for sleep, but it never works out. I think maybe I have been getting 4 hours a sleep a day (broken up in 30-45 minute increments); jeremy has been getting more because I have had people shuttle me to the hospital once a day so he can stay in and sleep. The plan was for me to stay home one session too, but I have to still get up and pump or my boobs will explode, and I usually just end up going to see Liam. He's also gets to sleep an extra 20 minutes when I get up and pump.
So, about 75% of the newborn clothes are too big for our gigantor baby:) we are very grateful though that he has no other problems (low birth weight, jaundice, heart issues, permanent respiratory problems).
1 comment:
I am so grateful that Liam is my grandson. You are a great mom. Will they have you nurse before ho comes home? I bet you can hardly wait. It'll be much better than pumping.
Post a Comment