baby wyatt

baby wyatt

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Is the world insane? Am I the only pharmacist who refuses to sell cigarettes at the pharmacy counter? And no crazy lady, me eating a potato chip is not equivalent to you smoking cigarettes. Because I will eat a handful and then go get 30 minutes of exercise like I do every day. You, on the other hand, will smoke a pack and then go buy another pack. You can't exercise off lung cancer. Or pharynx cancer. Or larynx cancer. Or esophagus, bladder, stomach, cervix, kidney and pancreatic cancer. Not to mention acute myeloid leukemia-- no matter how many crunches you do, that ain't going away. AND, I wasn't eating potato chips, it was popcorn! If you're gonna scream at me because I won't sell you cancer, don't threaten me and say I'm going to get high cholesterol and die of a heart attack. Because I'm pretty sure I won't. You have a 1 in 10 chance of developing lung cancer, and when you do develop it, you have a less than 50% chance of living past 5 years. The chances of me getting high cholesterol and dying from an MI is pretty slim, considering I've been a vegetarian for 13+ years and do cardio 6 days a week. And yes crazy lady, going to school for 8 years and earning a Doctor of Pharmacy degree does give me the right to have a professional opinion.What the heck are we doing as health care providers? why does a patient think it is acceptable to throw a fit when a pharmacist directs them to the front store for cigarette purchases?

3 comments:

Virginia's Mom said...

Throwing a fit keeps her from facing the truth about her killing herself.

Katherine said...

Yeah ... she's got more serious issues. You go, Virginia. :o)

Rebecca said...

cigarettes should be illegal. gross.