baby wyatt

baby wyatt

Friday, February 06, 2009

Nothing too exciting going on. I finished my first week at St. Joe's. It seems like I've been there alot longer. I stayed busy the entire time today, which was nice. Time passes much more quickly the busier you are.

I have to work tomorrow and SUnday at CVS. Sunday is going to be a killer because I have to work 10-8, which is a super long time. But, I'll clear $100 after taxes which is good.

I was really stressed out earlier this week when I realized how much exactly we have in student loans. I was hoping that we would be able to pay off all of them completely by just using my pay for next year, but I don't think we will be able to. I was even trying to figure out how many days a month I needed to work at CVS in order to make an extra 20K. I think it was like 4- 12 hours shifts. that's a lot, especially when I will most likely have to go driving 3-4 hours to get to CVS's across the state.

But, Jeremy and I talked about it, and the current plan is to put $250 into savings every week for a down payment for our future amazing house, then use all the other money above our baseline $2000 that we keep in checking to pay off student loans. It should hopefully be around $3K a month, but can be less if we need to put the money elsewhere. On that time schedule, we should have all the loans paid off in less than 2 years. Hopefully.

Jeremy didn't get a raise this year. Which no one in the entire M(leaving out name cuz I don't want folks reading this who aren't suppose to) company got a raise. Jeremy reminded me to not bitch about it though; at least he still has his job, which is more than can be said for some M employees. And Jeremy was telling me tonight that he found a mistake in one of the budgeting forcasts for his Cincinatti hotel, and they are going to be $250K short. So, that likely means another lay off. I'm so glad that they really need Jeremy and the work he does, or I'll be running around with an ulcer.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

No raise for Greg this year either, but I may have an interview on Thursday.

Virginia's Mom said...

And everybody makes more than me.

Virginia said...

Good luck on your interview!