Don't worry folks... my broken hand is changing into just a severally bas sprain. I thought for sure that it was broke this mornign when I woke up as it was throbbing. The door frame and I got into a fight last night when I jammed it. This morning it was pretty said when I was driving stick to work. I whimpered the entire way. Around 2ish, the pain abated, and I'm almost good to go now.
It's cool when I'm playing pharmacist as work and I catch mistakes. I don't tell anybody, but it makes me feel like I'm doing a good job. I have been surprised about how many mistakes I've found and fixed. and some of them have been pretty huge.
S0, Zippy has a cyst on his chest. he had a checkup at the vet, and after he was there for an hour or so, the office called and said that they couldn't do the exam on him because he was very upset and they needed to sedate him for $18. I was slightly irritated, because we pay $100 a month for all the animals to be on their wellness plan and I'm not seeing how it's fair we have to pay more for them to do their jobs. We've had him for awhile and he's never had any issues before with going to the vets. Anyway, I asked them if they could go ahead and remove the growth on his chest since he was going to be under. they said they couldn't, they would have to take a sample and send it off before they would remove it. and to do that would be $98. and this was before they even looked at it.
Then they called back again a couple hours later saying that the only thing they could find on him was his nipples. And I had even drawn a little picture of where the cyst was the form I turned in. So I had to talk them through over the phone where the cyst was and after 10 minutes they were finally able to find the freaking pea size cyst on his chest.
And apparently Perhaps' had a cyst too that may or maynot be infected. So she is on etodolac and cephelaxin... which I dosed myself from old medication we had a home. The vet wrote prescritions for a 3rd generation cephlasporin which was uber expensive and a meat flavored anti-inflammatory. And the tech there tried to tell me that they needed to give her shots because the oral meds would take a few days to start working... umm.... wrong person to say that too. I literally had to bit my tongue to keep from going into a pharmacokinetic lecture on this chick because I'm sure should would have had no idea what I'm talking about.
No comments:
Post a Comment