I ran a mile this morning in 8:31, which is by far the fastest I've ever ran a mile. And then I ran another one for good luck, although that one took 10:10 to finish.
I enjoyed the Dave concert, although I was super super tired at the end. We were extremely dehydrated at the end, enough so that after we drank the water in the car, we stopped by the gas station and got powerades to rehydrate with and get some electrolytes.
It was really freaky away we sweated constantly the entire time. I was completely soaked through everything.
I was really glad I was there with Jeremy. Every time I turned to look at him and smile, he already had a big smile on his face. And the last hour or so, he stood behind me with his arms around mine and danced and pushed people away when they got too close. It was a really surreal experience thinking back because it should have been so miserable at that point because I was so tired and sweaty and my back hurt and I had been screamed at twice already because I refused to move when people tried to get in front of me, but Jeremy was there and he held me and protected me and sang into my ear and held me hands and made me completely forget that there were 10K people behind using wanting my spot. I told Jeremy later that it was a really good thing that we were so close (and I mean crazy close) to the band because there were only like 10 or so people between us and the front of the stage and I managed to convince myself that there really wasn't that many people there. But when I looked behind me, the stands and the field were completely covered with people packed together, so I didn't look behind me much.
Other notes:
-I dislike like pudgy little twits
-I was always on the impression that people who smoke pot were idiots. impression correct.
-tennis shoes were for sure the way to go
-it was a good thing that I brought earplugs because we were right in front of the front speakers; I knew it was loud on some songs because I would put my hand on my chest and feel it vibrate with the beat
-tossing water bottles and drum sticks out into the crowd is dangerous (someone could die!)
1 comment:
You and Jeremy made me smile with your stories. Another thing that made me smile was Jacob playing chess. Greg taught him and he plays much better than a second grader should.
Post a Comment