baby wyatt

baby wyatt

Sunday, April 15, 2007

I'm glad that you got back from Hawaii safe.

We got back from Galinburg safe.

Man, it was a very emotional weekend. I spent all day working Friday trying to get stuff taken care of so we could go to Tenn. I got almost everything done, and I was able to do some work in the car and then when we got down there.

We got up around 7 ish on saturday and were on the road by 8:30. It rained the entire way down, which sucked. I was all sad because I had been hoping all week long that my foot would be ok enough to go on a hike with and I have been really careful with it. And then it was raining. I brought our hiking boots just in case.

We get into Pigeon Forge at 11:30 and right when we got there it stopped raining. So we decided to head over to Gatlinburg to see if any trails were open. We decided to do this really tough trail called Chimney Top, and go as far as my ankle would let us. We got to the trailhead and started out. It was a 2 mile hike with a gain of 1700 feet. We did the first mile in 15 minutes. The 2nd... 45 minutes. My ankle was fine, but man, that last mile might as well have been completely vertical. It was horrible. I kept ahead of Jeremy but there were several times we had to stop and catch our breath and try to get our heart rates down. It was like a level 12 on the elliptical. hard stuff. Anyways, we get to the top and there's this 50 foot CLIFF that you have to climb to get to the very top. There was this family there and the dad convinced us that we could get up there fine. Not so much... I got up about 30 feet and was shaking really bad because my legs were so tired. but it was one of those things that I would rather go up then try to go back down. So, I was dragging myself up this cliff (with the backpack because so how Jeremy handed it to me and I kept it on) and when we got to the top it was awesome. My wedding ring got tore up and scratched where I was gripping onto rocks though. It was scary at the top though because it was so cold and windy. the way down wasn't as hard, but it was still slow going. We made it to the bottom of the mountain in about 35 minutes.

When we were about 50 feet from the car, Jeremy was reaching into his jacket pocket to get the keys when he realized that he didn't have them. Apparently, he had only zipped one side of the his pocket and not the other side. He immediately starts to freak out and we walk to the car hoping that they fell out in the parking area and not on the trail. There was a note on the car from someone named Andrew saying that he found our keys on the trail and he put them on the back rear tire. Jeremy almost said he fell down because he's knees almost buckled. We had the laptop and ipod in the car, and someone could have very likely stolen the car and left us there. We had another set of keys locked in the car just in case something like this happened, but we would have been out a 300 dollar set of keys and would have had to wait for AAA. Anyways, thank you Andrew, whoever you may be. You helped restore our faith in humanity.

Then, on the way out of the park, we saw a mama bear and her two cubs. that was awesome.

I meet Effy and I got to interview Jeremy's dad for my SOAP note assignment.

I had some serious anxiety issues on the way home.

But, I got home, took a shower, Jeremy made cucumber salad for dinner, did some homework, did a pilates video, did some more homework and now I feel much better.

2 comments:

Virginia's Mom said...

Do you remember how long it took you to go through the Dole maze in Hawaii?

Virginia said...

we didn't go through because it cost money.