two posts in one day... I haven't done that in forever. Especially right before the start of blocks.
This morning I got up bright and early (at like 6:30am) and went to welsey village to drop off some visit meds. They didn't need it until 10, but I figure I should do it early just to get it out of the way and so I could have the mornign to study.
The drive back was so pretty. Wesley is in Wilmore, Ky. If you have nothing better to do, you should go out there and just drive around. It was cool to watch the sunrise.
I came back and finished a drug design report and finished up the rest of studying for drug design except for like three pages. Then I took a nap and woke up at like 1:45. I had to be at work at 2 but it was all good. Times like today I'm so glad that I live so close to work. Work was sort of rough. It stinks that I only work like twice a month and all the stuff I learn with the new computer system I forget the next time I work. I'll work over Christmas break and hopefully it will get better.
Towards the end of work, my head started hurting like crazy. I've been having really bad headaches the past four nights in a row. So, I came home and took some ibu and watched tv. Until the pager went off... it was a nurse at one of the facilities who was trying to phone in a morphine order. Which wasn't going to happen. For those of you who don't know, morphine is a CII which is the highest narcotic you can get without getting into the really bad stuff, like cocaine. Anyway, those orders have to come written from a Dr., with their DEA number, no copies and basically their name written in blood on the rx. Not so much can a nurse call into a pharmacy and say "hey, send some my way" even if the person is on their death bed.
I was told to go into the pharmacy and wait. No one shows up for 45 minutes. And then it was one of those "oh, we gave him another Lortab and he fell asleep." I'm glad that the guy wasn't in pain. it just frustrates me that doctors and nurses don't know basic law about the drugs they deal with on a daily basis.
But, on my 2 minute drive back home, I talked to Jeremy and he's stopping by steak and shake to be a sweety. I'm not really in the mood for food, but he was so sweet about it I couldn't turn him down.
Tomorrow the plan is to sleep late (cross your fingers that if the pager goes off, it is after 10:30) and then get up and study for CAPP, OTC, and antibiotics. CAPP and OTC ain't no thang, but antibiotics will be big. I'll get through it though. I always do.
I need to drink more water.
No comments:
Post a Comment