Yesteday was busy. I got up early and studied and then I got showered and all smell goody and then headed to Louisville for the Scalf's bridal shower. It was fun times although I showed up early. I had it in my head that it was from 5 until 7:30, when it was really from 5:30 to 8. I was totally convinced that my invitation had a different time on it but when I got home I was wrong. I've done some strange things, but mistaking a 7 for an 8 is pretty bad.
The party was fun. The punch was spiked and I ended up getting the tiniest bit of liquid and then these huge gollups of sherbert. It was great because I love me some sherbert. It was sort of awkward but that would be expecteed since I didn't really know the other folks there. Eric's little sister was there and I totally didn't recognize her from highschool. I guess it's been like 5 years since I've seen her. wow.
And then I drove home and picked up our new cell phones. Finally! One's black and one's silver and I have no idea which on is the Louisville or Lexington number. Anyway, the old Louisville number is still the same, so all you folks can swamp me with phone calls. Actually, wait two weeks and then call me. I'm studying for tests.
I got really pissed off at work on Friday to pick up the pager for on call. And Zack was like "oh, yeah... we scheduled you for Sunday." Now that, my dear sirs and madams... is bullshit. I'm working every Friday and Saturday night and I refuse to take Sunday. I worked last Sunday as a favor to Criag (he had to leave for Louisanna for the reserves for a month) and it was no big deal. My studying needs sort of takes a back seat to destroyed cities. But, I was out of the house throughout the day for like 6 hours and it sucked. I didn't get anything done and I really needed to get things done. So, I told Joey and all them that I wasn't going to take Sunday anymore and that was that. So Friday I saw that I was on Sunday again. And the Friday night I requested off to Tim and Liz's wedding. And another Sunday in the middle of my block exams. I tried to talk it over with Zack and Joey and they kept on saying that they had things to do and I had to work it. So, after a few heated minutes, I basically said "listen, I will walk into Steve's office RIGHT now and put in my two weeks without a 2nd thought. I'm only doing on call to help you guys and if I feel the hint of pressure or stress about school, I will quit." Joey totally got the point by then and marked my name off of those days.
When people are going though hard times, I want to fastforward to like 10 years from now so they can look and see that everything will be alright. I also want people to miss me as much as I miss them.
1 comment:
I miss you terribly.
When I look back ten years.... well life was better then but it will be better again.
I hope you miss me as much as I miss you.
Post a Comment