still doing the news freeze and I really feel a lot better. spending a lot more time with the boys. we danced in the rain today. Wyatt is having a hard time at daycare, so much that they may tell us he can't come back- he has behaviors there that he doesn't have at home, and it is really frustrating trying to punish him at home for things he does there.
So, we aren't going to. We are going to love him and give him lots of attention and work with him on using his words when he is angry or upset. Today he said that he misses Grandma Jolley, who I haven't really talked about too much recently--- and Maybe is also getting close to being gone. Maybe he is just acting out because of that.
no punishment anymore on our end for things- he still isn't able to watch TV or ipad but that is because I read that it can increase acting out behavior. no being sent to his room, no more taking away toys or dessert or the swing set or his vitamin at night (seriously, we were running out of things to take away from him). If he gets kicked out of daycare, it will be okay. we will still love him and we will still work with him managing his emotions and using words, although going back to the behaviors at daycare he doesn't have at home- he doesn't throw tanturms, he doesn't hit us or his brothers. so we can just talk to him ways to handle abstract problems that we are told about at daycare.
the director gave me pamplets today about taking him to a child counselor. I am trying not to be defensive, but seriously? he's 4, and only shows these behaviors at daycare and it's only for the past week? or it's been longer and they haven't told us about it? I'm not a child psychologist or anything, but I'm pretty sure it's something they are missing the ball on--- either not intervening when they should or picking battles that don't need to be fought. But then I also read something about how if a kid sees parents being bossy, then they will be bossy with their friends--- and I guess I'm bossy because we are very much "stop acting like a crazy person" whenever they are acting like crazy people and they stop. Which is maybe why we don't see those behaviors at home.
so we toured another daycare today. I don't know... we have been gone there for ever and the boys love the teachers and if we move one, we have to move them all. But not really liam because he is going to kindergarden
tonight we giggled a bunch and he went to bed feeling loved, which I'm not sure he has felt that way that other nights this week since we've lectured him non stop about being a good boy.
1 comment:
I'm sorry to hear Wyatt is having such a difficult time at daycare. He is such a sweet and caring boy, it's so odd his behavior is so different at daycare - it has to be frustrating. But I'm proud of you and Jeremy for choosing to focus on the big picture and to focus on making him feel loved and learn better ways to express himself.
Give him lots of cuddles and kisses for me!
Post a Comment