I started getting sick on Christmas with like some weird histamine reaction. Completely allergy related I thought, but was strange beacuse I typically don't have allergies this time of year. I ended up being really tired and taking a 2 hour nap and then another three hour nap. During the three hour nap, I noticed that my ears were starting to hurt. By the next monring, I called into work because my head was killing me and I figured it was a double ear infection with a wicked cold.
needless to say, but the time I got to the doctor's office that afternoon, I thought i was dying. Muscle aches, couldn't stand light or noise. I really thought it might be meningitis because sudafed wasn't touching the headache at all. They an influenza test even though I had the vaccine in October just in case. And what do you know, I have influenza A. The doc told me that I wouldn't be able to go back to work for 5 days which I thought was silly. Until a few hours later, when the fevers and vomiting hit.
So, after not eating for 3 days, a bout of numb legs, 101 + tempaturues, isolation from the boys, and going from making 20 plus ounces of milk per day to less than 1... I tried to pump, but I was so dehyrated, the skin on my nipple ripped and started bleeding, I am still alive.
Lost 8 pounds, and can't imagine getting my milk back up. Wyatt bites me every time I try to nurse and my left nipple is in taters. I'm also on my period, which my milk went down last month too. I have about 5 more days of milk in the freezor, and that's with milk my friend Catherine gave me.
I'll keep on pumping every few hours, but the last time I got maybe 5 mls. It was so depressing. Five ounces a pump to 5ml? I got Wyatt to nurse a little bit, but then my nipple started bleeding again and I think he was getting more blood then milk.
I'm so sad about this. 8 months. 8 months. and then this stupid flu.
1 comment:
I cried for you when I read this. I hope things get much better really soon. This is when I feel helpless because I can't do anything to make it better. I hope you can rehydrate soon .
Post a Comment