baby wyatt

baby wyatt

Friday, February 03, 2012

26 weeks today, and about 25 pounds gained--- this keeps fluctuating between 20 and 25 pounds, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be 25 pounds.

This is the 4th night in a row that Liam has gone to bed without a passy. I am so proud of him. this weekend we will likely tackle nap time. Hopefully that will go as smooth.

Work has been stressful. I get very angry about shady people and I wish that I could just let things go. Someone gave me the advise that your job is just a means to do the things that you love, but I want to like my job too. In general I do, it's just when people are horrible, it really gets to me. i wish that people could just be respectful and honorable. but they aren't.

Liam and Jeremy and I went on a walk today after work and it was very sweet, although liam skinned his hands falling.

We have been doing very good about handling Liam's temper tantrums and trying to minimize miscommunication. the other day, Liam was pointing at the kitchen counter, and I thought he wanted an animal cracker. but when i got one out, he immediately melted down and I knew right then that he wanted a banana cookie. But, we have been very consistent about not rewarding melt downs. So, we went back into the living room and Jeremy and I started playing together with Liam's toys until he realized it would be much more fun to play with us then to continue to have a melt down. And then next time he pointed to the kitchen counter, I picked liam up and let him reach for what he wanted. sometimes I just want to give him what he wants, but he has already learned very quickly that throwing a fit does not get rewarded because his fits are getting shorter and shorter. And I know he is little and doesn't understand, but I try to explain to him whenever I say no, or not to do something, why it is I don't want him to do it. "Liam, don't climb on the TV stand. It could fall over and hurt you." "Liam, be soft with the doggie, you don't want to hurt her". I think it will really help Liam to understand that mommy and daddy aren't "no nazis" for no reason.

Liam started kissing my tummy tonight and I think we made some head way on the idea of the baby in my belly. he saw his baby picture and pointed at it (never really noticed it before), and I held it to my stomach and said 'look Liam, there's a baby in my belly just like this baby' and a light bulb sorta went off in his face. I have been saying there's a baby in my belly for the past few months, but he had no idea what it meant. So, he's either excepting to see a baby, or a picture frame come out of me:)

sometimes I worry that I won't love the babies equally. I really really really like Liam. People always say you don't have a favorite, but what if they are lying so they won't sound like horrible people?

1 comment:

Virginia's Mom said...

They will both be your favorites. Wait until you have 2 and you will understand even if it doesn't seem to make sense.