baby wyatt

baby wyatt

Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Years everyone!

I have a couple of resolutions this year, but some of them are more like wishes.

-I want to run a half marathon. I officially start training for it at the beginning of Feb.
-I want to get down to 130, which is my ideal body weight. I actually don't think this will happen, but maybe with the above resolution it will.
-I want to start trying to have a baby this year, but I don't want to start until Jeremy wants to. Which refers to really just having a wish that Jeremy will be ready sooner rather than later.
-I want to eat 40 grams of protein a day (this one will be the hardest). If not 40, at least 20 grams.
-I am applying for the ICU job at the Lexington VAMC. I resolve to be confident in my ability to do the job AMAZINGLY, and if I don't get it, I resolve to not freak out. It will be okay if I have to work CVS for a few months while looking for clinical jobs in Florida. It will be okay. And if we decide to stay in Lexington, that will be okay too. I really do love this city, even with the cold, and if I have to let my license drop in Florida, or spend a couple hundred a year to keep it going just because, that is okay. it will be okay. If I can only work part time with CVS, that will be okay. we have plenty of money and have been making solid contributions to paying off our loans.

I guess my main New Year's resolution is just to accept the fact that I have no idea what I will be doing in the next 6 months or year, and that is okay. As long as I have Jeremy and a house to live in and a license to practice pharmacy, it will be okay.

1 comment:

Virginia's Mom said...

Congratulations Virginia. It took me close to forty years to realize it would be okay and longer than that to realize I can't tell the future.