baby wyatt

baby wyatt

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A 13 year old boy drowned at Transy on Monday night. There were two lifeguards on duty, as well as the assistant swim coach.  The police have video evidence of the incident.



How to you handle it when you drop off your kid for computer camp and then get a phone call saying he is dead ?

Those kids who were life guarding- I can picture exactly what happened- they got stuck watching someone else playing. Didn't scan the pool. Didn't keep their heads moving. They likely have not slept since it happened.

I never did alert the administration about my concern for Liam's safety during swim lessons. If I had, would there have been another inservice?

1 comment:

Virginia's Mom said...

Probably it wouldn't have made a difference. Remember how arrogant the supervisor was. You would probably just be dismissed as a hysterical mother.