Here's the deal.
I'm a big believer that you make your own happiness. No person, place, thing, or group can do it for you. With that said, I also believe that people can certainly bring you down. When my own world is falling apart, here's what I don't need:
-don't make me feel like you are only interacting with me because I have a job that will eventually make alot of money. If we haven't been close for years or ever for that matter, there isn't a reason why we should be close now
-on that same note, there is a problem when I feel like when I'm down, you feel secretly happy
-don't pretend we are friends and put on a game, but then make me feel extremely uncomfortable and upset when you hang out with everyone else except me after work
-when I am struggling, and you think you know I'm struggling, don't gossip about me behind my back. and then don't send me the gossip to read. if my marriage is falling apart, I don't want to be asked about it on facebook
-if something is going on with you (and I still don't know what it is), don't bring me down with you. I'm emotionally unstable and have severe anxiety at times, and when i go down I go down hard. And I'm the only one who can get me back up, and it's alot of work and effort and the recovery is not easy.
-don't ignore me and make me feel like I am the lowest priority. if you are the most important thing in my life, I need to be the most important one in yours
-don't think you can get away without telling me why you love me. I deserve better.
6 comments:
Now, I'm not a doctor or anything, but it occurs to me that you need a vacation; or, at the very least, you need a day at a spa. And you could use a laugh. So I'll share my most favorite joke with you:
What did the fish say when it swam into the concrete wall?
...
Dam.
And (not as an afterthought but because I thought it would be taken for granted and then I realized it probably wouldn't be), I hope you get to feeling better-in that very real, deep sort of way.
I love you because you are one of the prettiest, smartest, generous person I know. And that would be true if you weren't my daughter. I am doing great. Last night the tech was so good I didn't even feel the needle stick. I also got to see Ashley and take her shopping before school started. It's been forever since I got to spoil her and it was fun. Dad keeps bragging about you to every body.
Virginia, I love you because you are my sister. Sometimes that is enough. I know you are smart and kind and thoughtful. I know the only reason we aren't close now is mostly distance. At least, I would like to beleive that! I miss you terribly and want to spend time with you. I want to know all about your life. I was sorry when you left facebook, because I was able to see what was up with you without being too much of a bother. I now check your blog as often as I can and have it bookmarked. I have always been proud of you Virginia. You are so wonderful. I don't love you for your money and could care less if you were broke. I am impressed that you are in a field that could make a lot of money, but would open my door to you anytime if you needed a place to stay. I would give you my last dollar if you needed it. I would drop everything I was doing if I found out you were sick or hurting and wanted me to be there just because. I didn't have a choice for you to be my sister, but I am lucky that you are in my life. I can't bring you out of your funk, just like when I get in mine no one can bring me out of mine BUT I can love you regardless. I couldn't imagine life without you. Even though we don't talk like I would like, even though we don't see each other like I would like, I love you. Would you like to get together? I can come visit on Monday for sure.
If not Monday, please let us see what we can work out.
Here is my most favorite joke, which I came up with myself. I plan on selling it to willy wonka for use on his laughy taffy candy.
How do billboards communicate?
---------------------------
with sign language!
I need time for me. and when that's done with, I need time for Jeremy. I plan on visiting Louisville on September 7th.
If Willy Wonka won't take it, you should sell it to Good Humor for use on their popsicle sticks (I think it's Good Humor that does it).
Post a Comment